Some of the presentations delivered by and papers written by SaloITS staff members are listed below; many of them are available online.
- Salo, Timothy J. "Proposed Network-Centric Architecture for the
Advanced Communications Package (ACP)". Proceedings of the AMSAT-NA
26th Space Symposium, Atlanta, GA, October 24-26, 2008. Silver
Spring, MD: The Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation, 2008. 33-43.
- Salo, Timothy J., "ALERT-2 Protocol Development Project", ALERT Users Group 22nd Conference and Exposition, Palm Springs, CA, May 8, 2008.
- Salo, Timothy J., ALERT-2 Protocol Development: Phase I Final Report, January 15, 2008.
- Salo, Timothy J. "Multi-Factor Fingerprints for Personal Computer
Hardware". Proceedings of Military Commmunications Conference, 2007
(MILCOM 2007) Orlando, FL, October 29-31, 2007. IEEE, 2007.
- Salo, TImothy J., "ALERT-2 Working Meeting", ALERT Users Group, Sacramento, CA, October 25, 2007.
- Salo, Timothy J. "The DoD Space Test Program: Free Launches for
Amateur Satellites". Proceedings
of the AMSAT-NA 22nd Space Symposium, Arlington, VA, October 8-10,
2004. Newington, CT: ARRL, 2004.
- Salo, Timothy J. "Embedded Transport Agents for
Near-Earth Communications". The Fourth Space Internet
Workshop (SIW-4), Baltimore, MD, June 8-10, 2004.
<http://www.saloits.com/papers/SIW-ETA2004.pdf> (local copy)
- Salo, Timothy J. "A Proposed Microsat Open Experimental
Platform for Amateur Space Communications Research". Proceedings
of the AMSAT-NA 21st Space Symposium, Toronto, Ontario, October 17-19,
2003. Newington, CT: ARRL, 2003. 93-103.
- Salo, Timothy J., Barry A. Trent, and Timothy Hartley. Proximity
Networks Technology Assessment. NASA Contractor Report
NASA/CR-2003-212623. NASA Glenn Research Center, October 2003.
<http://www.saloits.com/papers/CR-2003-212623.pdf> (local copy)
- Bonney, Jordan and Timothy J. Salo. Modeling Report for Ad Hoc
Quality of Service in FCS. Boeing contractor report, March 17,
- Bonney, Jordan and Timothy J. Salo. A Study of Network Quality of
Service. Boeing contractor report, March 14, 2002.
- Salo, Timothy J. "Real-Time
Visualization of IP Streams Over Switched WANs". NLANR/Internet2/CANARIE
Techs Workshop, Toronto, Ontario, August 21, 2000. <http://www.networkvisualization.com/nlanr-800/>
- Salo, Timothy J. "Real-Time
Visualization of IP Streams Over Switched WANs". North
American Network Operators' Group (NANOG),
Albuquerque, New Mexico,
June 13, 2000. <http://www.networkvisualization.com/nanog-600/>
- Chinoy, Bilal and Timothy J. Salo. "Internet
Exchanges: Policy-Driven Evolution". Coordinating the
Internet, Brian Kahin and James H. Keller, eds. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press,
July 1997. <http://www.msci.magic.net/papers/ie/ie.html>
- Salo, Timothy J. "High-Speed Network Testbed Results".
Interop + Networld, Atlanta, September 1996.
- Salo, Timothy J. "Customer Experience with ATM WANs".
ATM '96, San Jose, May 1996.
- Salo, Timothy J. "ATM WANs: User Experience".
Interop + Networld, Atlanta, September 1995.
- Cavanaugh, John D. and Timothy J. Salo. "Internetworking
with ATM WANs". Advances in Local and Metropolitan Area
Networks, William Stallings, ed. IEEE Computer Society Press,
- Salo, Timothy J. "Direct Connections to ATM NAPs".
North America Network Operators Group (NANOG), Ann Arbor, October 1994.
- Salo, Timothy J. "A User’s Perspective on ATM".
Interop + Networld, Atlanta, September 1994.